Jesus stands at the centre of human history and has impacted more people’s lives than anyone else. Jesus makes God known, and he lived, died and rose again to show us God’s love, and to bring God’s kingdom to all who felt far from him. He lives today, and is with us by his Spirit.
As a first step towards finding out more about Jesus we’d love you to join us at one of our Sunday gatherings in person, or online.
If you want to find out more, we also highly recommend our Getting Started course, or an Alpha Course.
Belief about Jesus forms the core of Christian teaching. Based on Jesus’ own teaching and example, we uphold the ancient creeds of the church and believe:
- In one true God, eternally existing as Father, Son & Spirit.
- God is Father and is good, just, righteous, holy, loving, faithful, gracious and eternal creator, and that he is the King of kings and Lord of Lords.
- People were created for perfect and right relationship with God, their Father, but that humanity was separated from God through wilful sin.
- In Jesus, affirming his humanity and divinity as well as his virgin birth, sinless life, death, resurrection and ascension. We believe that he is coming again.
- Through faith in Jesus people are rescued from their sin and from its consequences, are made right with God and become God’s children.
- In the Holy Spirit’s role in salvation and his distinct work in the baptism of the Spirit through which he gives spiritual gifts and empowers people for service and witness.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God.
- In baptism in water as an act of faith in Jesus and as a demonstration of the work of God in salvation.
- God still heals people today. We expect healing and miracles to accompany the preaching of the gospel.
- In both heaven and hell and that those who follow Jesus will spend eternity with him. We believe that God will end injustice, bringing justice to the whole world and renewing the whole of creation.
- Every follower of Jesus is sent as part of God’s work in the world to make disciples of all nations, empowered by the Spirit and equipped by the ministry gifts given to the church.